Friday, September 17, 2010

One more thing

One more thing. I added some information to my blogger profile, and one of the fields for that page offers you a random question. Unfortunately it only allows 400 characters for you to answer.

I got something more like instructions: Write new national anthem lyrics that include animal sounds.

I wrote a new song for Florida. That's what you get for telling me what to do instead of asking me a question, blogger.

Oh noble Florida
Oh noble humida
land of rain and stickiness
and no uncertain degree of craziness.

Tourist capitol, Florida
tourist capital, Florida
Every plane a Mickey Mouse Express
Every car drive a dangerous test

Alligators bark at night
Frogs sing in rural moonlight
panhandlers shuffle in the city
Metropolises so dirty pretty

Crazy throughout the everglades
Crazy because there's little shade
crazy because our shores are teeming
with rich northerners retiree-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment