Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Month Without Meat: Day 1

So today was a little challenging because I've got a cold, and when I've got a cold what I want is salty spicy chicken noodle soup with thick egg noodles. I knew I was getting a cold last night; I'm just hoping it goes away by tomorrow night, when I'll be snuggling with the love of my life on the couch.

But I did not eat meat today! I had a big handful of fruit and nut mix for breakfast minus the cranberries (blech). I wanted to just skip lunch and make a big dinner but my body demanded feeding around midday, so I got a flatbread wrap from Subway (downstairs at work; score!) with egg, bell peppers, tomato, and black olives. Because the latter in particular are a fatty, delicious comfort food. Sliced and ate a cucumber while I watched Jeopardy! and had a bowl full of peas.

Today was not necessarily a win for nutrition, so I'm going to have to be better about that tomorrow. I'll be able to make a decent breakfast in the morning (Honey Nut Cheerios + a peach I need to eat), and have a minestrone lunch before I leave for the airport. I'm low on funds and don't want to have to shell out for an airport dinner, so I'll try to make lunch really substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment