Friday, September 17, 2010

Month Without Meat: Day 2

No meat: check!

Cheerios for breakfast on the way to school with a travel mug of orange juice. I think we need to give the Simply line of juices to people who are addicted to less healthy things. They'd certainly have better hair. And those beverages are no less addictive.

Juices in general note: I love cranberry and cranberry apple, Newman's Own grape juice, and Simply Orange's... Orange juice, shockingly enough. All of these are a-ok in my book. The last two are also crazy high in sugar. I'm hoping it's just because grapes and oranges are sweet fruit, but damn. Almost 40 grams a glass. WTF, supposedly healthy drinking? Healthy in that context NOT supposed to be leading to diabeetus.

Anyway. Cheerios, a small veggie sandwich, and some couscous with peas before I left the house to go to the airport (are you thinking about patronizing the Lynx system to do this, as I thought about it? Don't.) and fly to Wisconsin, where I type this now, two days later. Today was meatless (yay!), and a bit of an improvement nutrition-wise, though there's certainly room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment