Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On the Smoothin' of Things

Having much more counter space than I am used to and a blender of good shape (blender shape, if you were wondering), the latter courtesy of my dearly-missed best friend Hannah, I have been smoothie-ing up a storm lately. Frozen fruit, room temperature banana, yogurt, almond milk... It's good times. Found out early and the hard way that including raspberries or blackberries is just asking for trouble, but blueberries and strawberries are always a good bet. The grocery store we frequent, Copps, also has frozen mango which I might try in the near future. I've resolutely turned away from it until now because the friend who gave me the blender doesn't like mango and it seems somehow wrong to use her gift to prepare mangos for consumption. It was only a few minutes ago when I realized that the method of preparation concerned involves the frozen (brr) mango getting to dance a dangerous dance with blender blades. So I am resolved to buy frozen mango at the next opportunity and try it with almond milk. Mmm.

Work is going well. I think I will like it there and as modestly as possible I am quite sure they will like me. Good position in which to find oneself. This week I'm working short shifts in the evening, and today (the first day of this shift) was nice.

More of a disruption than a smoothing: I am okay at drumming when we play Rock Band! I've done it before but not very much when friends of mine in Florida and I had Nacho Wii Friday (god I miss Nacho Wii Friday and those friends). But the woman of the house was our designated drummer, and she's really good. I volunteered to drum when we played with some friends at last week's game night, and ended up drumming for most of the night. It was fun! And then Josh and I have played at home for a while the past two nights, and I've drummed then, too. My guitar/bass skills are only passable, and though I like singing and I like being reliable at singing it's never felt like enough in the way that being alright at the drums satisfies me, since that's... Not easy in the way that singing is, I guess.

Worried about good friends who are going through a bad spot. They're okay with one another, their little family is fine, but they're worried about the future and I'm worried about them. I wish I knew enough about the world to sort things out for them.

To end on a good note: Josh bought us a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment