Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things and how they've been

Got an A on that Mesoamerican Archaeology final. Unfortunately this was after bombing the midterm, so I ended up with a B in the course (B+, actually). B for Literary Critique and Theory, as well. God, I'm so glad that insufferable class is over.

After last semester and in light of the looming apply-to-grad school period of my life, I'm trying really hard to stay on top of things for this section of summer. Hopefully this will be a well enough established trend to get me through fall with high grades and only a little heartache. I would love it if I still had all my hair. I'm not truly worried about taking the five classes in the fall so much as I am aware that it's different, very likely in a more challenging way, than any of my previous semesters. Higher course codes (though I just realized I'm taking a 4000 series course this semester-- and doing well, woohoo!), more courses, courses with professors I know are demanding... And though I'm conscious of that challenge, it seems like such an opportunity to really wow people, and I'm hoping that's what I'll do.

One of my professors this semester is just phenomenal. I've had her before for another class and was awestruck then, too; she's an amazing lecturer, a snazzy dresser, very personable and funny and intensely, elegantly competent. I want to be like that when I grow up.

So, second summer session is on and fall looms. Eh. Josh will be here next weekend. YAY! And then two weeks after I'll be in Wisconsin. YAAAAAY! Going to meet with the UW-Madison graduate school reception person this time, and I'm hoping like hell that it will go well. Want this bad. Want to get into grad school, want to get into that grad school, want to study to become a librarian and become a librarian and help guide people to the information they need and revel in how hot Josh thinks librarians are and how awesome I think librarians are. If I can't be the queen of the jungle, I might as well be a librarian.

There are two (!) containers of dessert on top of my little fridge. The first is full of rainbow cupcakes from Hannah, a good friend who is quickly becoming an even better (gooder!) friend. Spending time with her is so much fun and healthy and feels very natural. The second is a box of peanut butter brownies, oh my swee-ut jaysus, from Josh's mom. Had dinner with his parents tonight.

Life's going. And it keeps going.

No comments:

Post a Comment