Monday, August 27, 2012

Car is Dead, But I Feel Very Alive

Here, have a stream a consciousness!:

Little Old Lady Mobile is dead. Not like ding dong forever dead, but she isn't starting. So I bought jumper cables. And THEN I looked online and saw it was a bad idea to try to jump start another vehicle with a Prius. Fuck a duck, ya goddamned shmuck. Boo.

Josh is headed out of town on a work trip tomorrow and will be taking a taxi to the airport, so it's okay for me to drive around in the Prius. I think while he is gone I will end up getting one of those standalone car jumping units. They're not too pricey at Wal*Mart and I can return the cables. Except I'm not sure I should return the cables. 

Did I mention fuck a duck? Gyaaaaaah. LOLMobile is major financial drain lately which is the last thing I need.

Work sucks the big one lately. I am very, very over it. Not over it enough to walk out in a huff, but over it enough to dream about doing it. PTO nonsense is driving me crazy and I think I got an actual answer from HR today... using the wrong calculations (NO, BITCHES, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOT TAKEN 50 HOURS OF PTO despite needing a vacation more than anyone in the office. Everyone else HAS taken a vacation. I won't even have time off for my wedding thanks to this bullshit audit. If I'd taken vacation while the office was high and dry I would have been entitled to 40+ hours and no one would have been the wiser. So don't accuse me of owing the company money when everyone knows I work off the clock. >:/ >:/ >:/ rage rage rage rant raaaaaar). Am in the process of composing a response.

But in the meantime... Graduate school orientation is tomorrow! Naturally there is a carbuncle on my jaw the size of a sizeable Dakota but c'est la vie. C'est la carbuncle. This is only an issue because I have massive vanity/appearance/ego issues. And also because they will be taking pictures for our student files. But at least I have a student file.

Hung out with girls from the library tonight. It was wonderful. Made me feel like living again after a terrible day at the office. My poor husband is stressed beyond belief and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to help. That is not so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment