Monday, August 23, 2010

Long first day of class is long

And I'm beat. I was still in a funk this morning, but the mood improved considerably when Josh made a joke this afternoon. French class was un peu terrifying-- I'm responsible for knowing how to indicate past tense, which we didn't learn in my last French class. That first French course was accepted by UCF, and I figured I needed to look over some vocabulary and make sure I knew the pronouns and the regular conjugations that go with their verbs, but the past tense just... It won't be hard to learn, but I need to have it seamlessly integrated by Wednesday night. I have time to study. I think I can do it.

I really want to take French with a classmate from that first class at Valencia. We've been friends on Facebook since then and kept up with one another and planned to take French together when we could. This was the first semester it's worked out, and there are two professeurs at UCF. We registered with a madame, but some time after we registered Msr. Wardeh was assigned as the instructor. He seems nice enough, but demanding. A friend has warned me that he's not her favorite professor. While I might be able to get the past tense down quickly, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle the rest.

Really want to take the class with Sara, but I think I'm going to use Wednesday night's class as a compass. Crossed fingers.

More about the other classes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment