Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Dress Indeed (pieces at peace)

Bought my wedding dress today. I looked through preownedweddingdresses.com (do it, getting-married girls!) for what I imagine was more or less a day's worth of cumulative time, and on a whim, not very invested at all, I found the dress. For $75. On Craigslist. And somehow Fortune smiled on this Craigslist transaction in a way she often does not, because I have a beautiful dress hanging in my closet as I type this out for us all, gentle readers. It's even got the bustle buttons and loops put on already! Will take it to be cleaned this week.

I look better in ivory than I do in white, so I was worried about the color (even looked up dying it at home), but I think it looks pretty good on. Going to need to work in the coming months to even out my skin tone, but the beads are all sewn on, the sparkly bits are all there... I am very, very excited. I will be Zumbaing like a motherfucker for a while to whittle myself down and probably investing in some 'spensive undergarments to keep the jiggly parts where they should be.

But in the end, I found a dress, I found it easy, it is perfect, and I feel beautiful in it in a way I think a little piece of me worried I wouldn't because I didn't deserve to. And while that may be the case, the rest of the pieces of me are at peace with how this worked out. I'm feeling like Fortune smiled. I am smiling, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment