Sunday, September 4, 2011

Home, Heart, Being in a Place

I'm bestfriendsick. I'm not really homesick even though there's a lot that I miss in Florida. I love it up here too much to be sad about not being there, I think. But I miss my best friend Hannah. We've known each other for a long time and were very good friends our freshman year of high school, but it's really just the last year and a half that we were definitely best friends... But we were, and as I deal with other people I wish they were her sometimes, and had her way of talking or giving advice or even just listening with love and without pressure. And as much as I admire Hannah it's not as though I was trying to emulate her, but I like having her example around, you know? She's a very centering, calming influence on me, while still being down for a good girly gigglefest. There, that feels like a semi-adequate summation.

Life is really good. We still love our new apartment (hopefully tonight I will film our little home tour!), my new job is going well and I got into a Children's Literature class online. Gearing up for my graduate school application, getting very excited looking at wedding stuff (another major I Miss Hannah marker), and things seem to be going really well, generally. And specificially. I just wish I had some BFF time. I can't wait for the first weekend of November, when we'll get to hang out at long last.

Working at the hotel today. I felt obligated to stay on for football weekends since that was part of the job posting I applied for in the early summer. I don't want to leave them in the lurch. There's one person here I really can't stand and of course I have to deal with her at the end of my shift today (nooooooo!), but by and large the people here are nice and it's a good gig for a student. It should be okay to work here for the rest of the football season, but I'll look forward to having my weekends off to spend time with Josh when this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment