Monday, May 23, 2011

News from the midwestern front

I have never understood why this section of the country is called the midwest. It is not very far west at all, easily identifiable on a map as east of center, really. Noticeable proximity to the eastern seaboard, too. And Wisconsin is, for a stretch, part of the northern border of the United States. There's a link to the Midwest article on Wikipedia on Wisconsin's article, and I'm a bit tempted but since discovering that reading Wikipedia with extreme indignation does not itself shift the world to a more pleasant state of being, I am hesitant to raise my blood pressure with the whole affair.

Josh and I went for a nice walk after dinner. At the unsteering hands of our carless virtue, walking is done far more often up here than it was in Florida. What are these things at the ends of my legs?!

So. A walk down to the open air-style mall, where we found a bench in front of a fountain we'd never noticed, and we sat and Josh had a Coke and we just talked about our days and made each other laugh. It was very sweet and very pleasant. Very pleasant weather, too. We saw lots of dogs and dog owners out for walks on the way down there and back. We usually devote a sentence or two to Parker or Gizmo (the best dogs we have ever known) on these walks since it's so common to see other dogs with their owners. We've talked about getting one in the future, which might be nice. I miss the cats (?!) pretty bad but they're getting on very well at Josh's parents' house. I am so glad they're safe and being taken care of by such nice people.

Oooh, speaking of his parents--! They sent me off with some blueberry wine! Gonna go crack (cork?) one of those open and enjoy. The handsome man I live with is working hard on preparing a presentation for tomorrow and fixing some software problem so doctors don't mistakenly prescribe Rick Astley eyelashes or something. Music doesn't bother him when he is working like it does me, so I made us a playlist and it is gooooood. Eric Clapton's "Bad Love" right now, OK Go's "Get Over It" just before.

The weather is good here and life is beautiful. Still don't have a job yet. Get your act together, fated employer of my near--Swami Alex says very, very near, so get a move on--future.

No comments:

Post a Comment