Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quick no-longer-Weekend Update

Still doing the meatless month. Have had some notable eff ups, but they're few in number and I've resolved to do better. Heads up: gummy vitamins have gelatin in them. I found a company in California that makes vegan ones out of carageenan (plant stuff wobbly matter as opposed to animal by product wobbly matter) instead, and those are on their way to Wisconsin, where I very much hope I will meet (hurr hurr) them Wednesday.

I need to get to sleep very soon. Monday's going to require an early start. Nurse consultation at Planned Parenthood to renew my birth control prescription (going to have to find an alternative for those eventually as well, but for now the pill stays, I'm really sorry, animals). There's a protest going on right now and I'm not sure if the protesters will be at the clinic I'm going to or not. I intend to politely and thoroughly ignore any protesters who decide to manifest themselves on my 8:30 AM time slot. I will be armed with a yummy vegetarian chai and probably represent most of what the protesters are unhappy about (except the pregnancy thing, I guess). A bit of me feels hostile towards what these people are doing and wants to yell at them, but I know they've got the right. I also know they don't have the right to be on PP's property, so I'm not thinking any kind of interaction is likely.

Wisconsin later this week. Josh and I have been having some really sad lows and some really nice highs, lately. I'm hoping we can address that during this trip and level out a bit. His work is hard and I feel unloved-- same old, same old.

Want to type, need to sleep. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment